Showing posts from June, 2016

Blog Transfer is Under Way!

In about a week, I will no longer have access to my old website at, so I am in the process of offloading the content of that website to other places on the web.  I am taking this as an opportunity to restructure my website a little bit, and have decided to try using a new blogging platform that will simplify the process of web development a little bit for me.  I'm hoping to transfer all of the blog posts to this new location this weekend, and then I'll figure out what to do with the rest of my website.  Anyway, this is just an initial post to let you know that my old website will no longer be maintained, and that this is the new location that I will use to post content.

400 Problems in Four Years

My proudest accomplishment as an undergraduate student is the 400+ Project Euler problems I solved. In this blog post, I will do some data analysis on my progress over time, and talk about how I got to where I am today. In December 2014, I wrote a blog post about reaching my first Project Euler milestone: 200 problems solved. A lot has changed since then, and many of the techniques I used to reach 200 weren't very useful in getting to 400, as the problems became more challenging. The above plots show my progress over time. The first one simply shows the number of problems solved on a given date, and the second one breaks down my solved problems by difficulty (a recently added feature on Project Euler that tells you how challenging a problem is). I was over halfway done with undergrad when I reached 200 problems solved, so I never really thought I would get to 400 by the time I graduated, especially since the problems became significantly harder and my courses became more